DALLAS PRINTING has achieved G7® Master Facility Colorspace qualification at its Dallas, Texas facility. G7® is an industry-leading set of specifications from Idealliance® for achieving visual similarity across all print processes. It is a global standard widely used to measure the color accuracy on any output device. This qualification provides third-party verification that DALLAS PRINTING delivers exceptional color matching and color consistency. The G7 process provides the tools and guidelines for us to manage process control better, reduce make-ready, and improve overall efficiency in all aspects of our workflow. For our customers, this consistency also ensures uncompromising color according to their brand standards. G7 allows DALLAS PRINTING to more precisely match a customer’s brand color requirements on a variety of printed products from any technology and application.
Idealliance’s G7 Master program is the world’s leading print facility validation program. G7 Master Qualification is granted to a physical facility, equipment, or systems. Qualification is valid for one calendar year and must be renewed annually. There are three levels of compliance for G7 Master Qualification:
- G7 Grayscale
- G7 Targeted
- G7 Colorspace
These levels demonstrate G7 Master capabilities by specified print condition and offer in-depth levels of distinction for G7 Master Printers around the globe. DALLAS PRINTING has achieved the highest of these three qualification levels, the G7 Master Facility Colorspace Qualification.
G7 Compliance Levels
G7® Colorspace Compliance
DALLAS PRINTING is certified as a G7 Master Facility Colorspace. This is the third level of G7 compliance and the most stringent. G7 Colorspace includes all the requirements of the G7 Targeted level (and therefore the G7 Grayscale level) and adds the matching to an entire Reference Print Condition. This level demonstrates that you are maintaining extremely tight tolerances throughout the whole color space. An entire IT8.7/4 target is compared against the targeted color space and the average of all the 1617 color patches must be within a narrow range of tolerances. This assures that the printing system can consistently reproduce the entire color space and not just the primaries and secondaries (CMY and RGB).
Brands, Buyers & Creatives use qualified G7 suppliers because…
- Color is an important part of why people embrace (or reject) a brand
- Color greatly contributes to perceived value of quality
- Color and color quality enhance consumers’ experience with the product and add to its public reputation
- Color is one of the most emotional attributes of a brand
- Color consistency reinforces trust. Inconsistency with colors associated with a brand subconsciously diminishes it, and erodes brand loyalty
- Reduced design times, faster turnaround as design occurs internally rather than on press
- Reduced cost of proofing and shipping prior to print
- Reduced need for on-site press checks, travel, and other tasks based on visual approval methods
- Reduced waste and make ready time during press runs
- Higher consistency in reprints
- Data exchange for purchasing and print buyers to assess supply chain performance
- Clear expectations for supply chain partners regarding acceptable work
- Overall increase in consistency, efficiency and savings